Agile Product Management – Program Content
A complete coverage of all basic and intermediate concepts in Agile Product Management.
Please note that this course is not intended to cover only agile product development methodologies such as Scrum; rather, it is focused on an Agile approach to the entire Product Management discipline for Product Managers in high technology businesses. The course is presented in an interactive environment. Students are guided through the 4 phases of the program by our friendly Aussie guide, Warwick.
A brief overview follows:
PHASE 1 – The Agile Challenge – Key Success Factors
- Organisational impact – implementing Agile in a growing company
- The Agile challenge for Product Managers
- Agile methodology and theory
PHASE 2 – Agile Strategy – Defining the Offering
- Market Insights – Value identification
- Product Vision – Creating strategy with Personas
- Agile Requirements Engineering – The need to love requirements
- Legal & IPR – Protecting your ideas
PHASE 3 – Agile Development – Scrum or What?
- Roadmapping – Applying Roadmaps in an agile setting
- Leading the R&D team informally
PHASE 4 – Agile Launch – Delivering Value
- Company readiness – Get your whole team ready
- Agile contracts – How can we solve the conflict between what Sales promises and the agile development team delivers?
- Agile pricing – Often the pricing/packaging lags the delivery of new features
- Value Tree and Marketing – Using Agile principles in the marketing team
- Final Conclusion from a Thought Leader